The management of ALUVIN NV will ensure the continuity of the organisation and defend the interests of its stakeholders, these being:
through the provision of high-quality and safe food products at competitive prices and with respect for the safety and well-being of its employees and the environment.
ALUVIN NV specialises in the transformation of aluminium foil into aluminium dishes. In addition, Aluvin nv also trades in a number of associated trade products. Suppliers play an important role with regard to the high-quality and food safe provision of the company’s own products and associated trade products. Aluvin nv operates in Belgium, France and the Netherlands, as well as in other European countries, in both B2B and B2C. The company has a flexible production process with short delivery times for all its products because it has both single and multiple presses. Aluvin nv has short lines of communication that enable a quick response to opportunities and threats. All employees are involved in the decision-making process relating to decisions that might impact business operations.
In addition to our economic and social objectives, quality objectives form an integral part of our business operations. We therefore set ourselves measurable quality objectives, which we develop further into concrete action plans. Every employee has the responsibility and duty to support the achievement of the quality objectives. The management undertakes to release the necessary resources for this purpose.
The management of ALUVIN NV is continuously committed to meeting the following requirements as a minimum:
- the customers’ predetermined quality requirements (including those in the area of food safety)
- the applicable legislation and regulations
ALUVIN NV undertakes to expand its management system and to keep it operational in accordance with the provisions of ISO 9001 and BRC-Packaging. The aim is to continuously improve our performance in the field of quality and food safety, with respect for all actors involved. This commitment is based on the following pillars:
- the continuous pursuit of optimal customer satisfaction;
- the continuous pursuit of the optimal quality of the end products;
- continuous optimisation of the internal processes;
- the provision of a hygienic and safe work environment;
- an optimal organisational structure with clear responsibilities and powers;
- the establishment of adequate communication, both internally and externally;
- carrying out regular audits, internal audits and assessments of all activities / services that might have consequences for the quality and safety of our products / services;
- the prevention of incidents in the area of food safety;
- an ecologically responsible approach in order to minimise the impact on the environment;
- the selection of suppliers and subcontractors on the basis of predefined requirements / expectations, and who also endorse our principles.
General Manager Herentals
Hugo Bellemans 12/05/2020